Friday, March 10, 2017

Making a game making toys

Making a game making toys


This figure is 3.5 inches tall, I think.  I prefer them without color, actually!
Heres a great post by Chad Lidell who is one of the lead designers and minds behind Disney Infinity.
He addressed a lot of things that have annoyed me in the news Ive read about the game.  Our goal has been quality and experience all the way so that when people reduce what were doing to "a Skylanders clone" its painful.

He took the above photo and Im glad he did: without the paint you see how much care we put into the sculptures of the toys.  I was just one of many artists that worked on Jack Sparrow, and I can promise that there isnt a millimeter of these toys that wasnt deliberated over and redesigned a hundred times until it was perfect.  Hopefully I can show some of the concept progress and other sculpts soon.

Available link for download